What kind of fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brake

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 16 gal with double filters. I have 3 clown fish and 1 tang. Do I need to get another clown, or get rid of one. I understand they need to be paired up. And what kind of fish go well with the clown?

Thanks,

A 16 gallon tank is way to small for a tang of any type. This is a link to a lot of the common tangs Live Aquaria if you go through it you will see none for a nano tank. Chances are your clowns won't all get along either in that small of tank.

Wow. A tang in a 16 gal? What kind of tang?

You can only have 2 clowns, You can only prob JUST get away with having clowns in that tank. 3 clowns, When one becomes a female, The female will kill the male it does not like. Or they'll all fight to become a female. Either way, One needs to go. If you have 4, In a 16gal tank. Things will be worse.

They don't need to be paired up. I'd get rid of one (would consider getting rid of 2).

The tang should really go. For his sake. He doesn't belong in a tank that small and doesn't deserve to be treated in such a way. Even if he's a baby you should rethink the decision. There are other fish that would do fine in a 16 gallon.

IMO

Get rid of one clown. Make sure of the two you keep that one is much smaller than the other, thereby increasing the likelihood you've got a male and a female. Gid rid of the tang too.

Replace those 2 with a rainford goby, a clown goby, or 2 neon gobies. Or 1 bi-color blenny.

I definitely agree with getting rid of the tang. You can still have a nice tank but it would not be fair to the tang.

Back
Top Bottom