What makes a pump loud?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishybuisness

Aquarium Advice Freak
My bio cube pump has been increasingly loud...will replacing the repeller fix it? I don't really want to upgrade it as I'm happy with my flow right now..thanks guys!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Take it apart and clean it before you do anything. Anything gunking up the magnet can cause this, or the pump moving up against something for it to vibrate against.

Take it apart and clean it before you do anything. Anything gunking up the magnet can cause this, or the pump moving up against something for it to vibrate against.

Thanks, I've done this already though..I usually clean it at least monthly

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are you sure it's the pump? The fan on my actinic blue light that turns on when that light is on is absolutely the loudest part of my biocube. If it's the pump I'm not sure, but there are inexpensive replacements on amazon.

My pump on my biocube sometimes was resting against the side wall and this would make a huge racket. Check the pump placement. You could also put a pad down under the pump to dampen some of the noise.

Back
Top Bottom