What next? Puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hawaii50

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 55gal with 60lbs of LR and a 3 in crushed coral base. I have 1 Bi Color angel,1 Maroon yellow striped clown, 1 sand sifting star,1 skunk cleaner shrimp and 10 hermits. What do you suggest will go with these boy's? Can I add any kind of puffer? Thanks alot !!!

You will still need to be concerned about inverts with any type of puffer but for that size tank, you could look into the Canthigaster sp. They stay smaller (<4") and are quite personable.

Similarly to >>this<< one.

Cheers
Steve

55gallon tank?/ i say you go with a helmet cowfish.. really neat.. really hardy.. really really interesting to watch.. the acclimation is the dangerous part, but once you've past that they're great..

You say the acclimation is the hard part. Please explain. Are they very sensitive? Do you have one? Thanks

after the acclimating, you can't really net it because they get stressed out easily.. it looks like the helmet of shredder from teenage mutant ninja turtles with those spikes.. so that can get caught in the net.. as long as you choose the right specimen that is not stressed out in the store then it should be very hardy after it is added to the tank... it's really neat to watch.. mines look like a little puppy.. or that's how i see him.. hehe.. CUTE!!!

Back
Top Bottom