What to do?!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lane1223

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok. so many of you know that i have 40b and i pretty sure its too late to add a sump. i have an open 5g tank and i dont know what to do with. Can i turn it into a sump? if not what are some other ideas?? any suggests are appricieated.

Thanks,
Lane :)
:thanks:

I shouldnt be to hard to do I did one myself with a 10gal tank. All you need is some plexiglass to make baffals and a over flow box. Here is a pic of mine so you can get an idea

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110723_143213.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110723_143213.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 166
well, you can, but is it worth the trouble? you'll have to get water from the 40b to the sump. you'll have to use a HOB overflow box for this, since the tank is already full of water and livestock., then you'll have to partition the 5 gallon tank so that the intake is separate from the return section. what will you use this sump for? will it have enough room for the intended purpose?

well, you can, but is it worth the trouble? you'll have to get water from the 40b to the sump. you'll have to use a HOB overflow box for this, since the tank is already full of water and livestock., then you'll have to partition the 5 gallon tank so that the intake is separate from the return section. what will you use this sump for? will it have enough room for the intended purpose?

Yeah... I have just been looking at sumps latley and i see that everyone is in love with theres and say that they help loads. i think instead of a sump i will make into a pico. does that sound ok??

It helps loads, if applied correctly. I believe a 5 gallon tank isn't much help. It's not going to increase the water volume by much, and there isn't much room for a skimmer or refugium.
a pico is an ok idea i suppose, or a QT tank even.

Back
Top Bottom