What to feed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seacat

Aquarium Advice Freak
My dad just recently brought home 2 striped damsels for me and i was wondering what is the best food i can give to them. Right now i am feeding TetraMin Tropical Flakes. And i also have some freeze dried bloodworms. what do you recommend i feed or is this good enough just mix it up so they get a healthy diet.

seacat

Variety is best. Damsels are omnivores, and should have both meats and veggies in the diet. There are a large variety of flake, freze dried, and frozen products at your LFS that will work, or you can make your own frozen food alot cheaper.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=10167

If you do buy your own, stick to buying the smaller packages, so everything stays fresh while you're using it, and you can more quickly rotate in more types of foods. Try to stick to items of saltwater origin, as they have diffrent ammino acids than freshwater foods.

Whatever you feed don't forget the suppliments (I sound like my chiropractor). I mix all my frozen and flake with Selcon, Vita-Chem and Garlic Extreme and let is soak a bit before feeding the tank.

Back
Top Bottom