What to feed O clowns?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4inchSandBed

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im thinkin about startin my tank with a pair of small O clowns. What is the best food to feed them and how often should i do it. Frozen? Flakes? help!!

thanks

I alternate with my O. Clowns. They get TetraMarine Flakes every other day. And Frozen goodies on the opposite days.

Mine get fed once a day. Don't know if this is the best, but it's what I do with my pair.

Just bought some Formula One and Two, and some marine flake food. The clowns seem to enjoy the frozen stuff more than the flake. Should i alternate between the 2? Is variety good?

thanks

I have been feeding mine Omega One. Some people recommend just feeding that. I have had mine for 2-3 weeks or so and thats all they have ate so far. I do plan on getting them some type of frozen for now. But they seem fine eating flake.

I need to get some brine shrimp. I just noticed that I have at least 2 dozen small featherdusters on one of my rocks.

I feed mine mysis, hikari marine pellets, and chopped squid tenticles. They love squid, I get it from the grocery raw, chop it and portion it into ice trays

Mine get:

Omega Maine Flake
Formula 1 Frozen
Formula 2 Frozen
Pygmy Angel Frozen
Frozen Mysis
Cyclopeeze-Frozen
Shrimp Pellets

No real method in feeding these. It is what ever I think they want and alternate. The only thing they don't seem to like it the Mysis...a little too big for them I think.

WC

What and how much you feed your Ocsillarus Clown pair depends on wether or not they are hosting an anenome. If they are then they need more food. Clowns are not picky eaters. Mysis shrimp and a combination of green flake works well. Just flake does not provide Clowns or any other fish for that matter the nutrition they need. Flakes bulk up a fish and they cannot absorb nutrients from flake food. The cyclpeeze is a good alternative but can be hard to come by. A light feeding twice a day and a vitamin supplement such as Garlic Elixir or Zoey is best added to their food. Clowns and especially Ocsillaris and especially especially tank raised Clowns are prone to parasites. So a vitamin supplement in my experience is necessary.

Back
Top Bottom