What to stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Turfguy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have just started a 14 gallon biocube and am wondering what corals will be best. I really like zoas, palys, and either hammer or frogspawn. I looked at a lot of pics but don't really know much about how much will survive in this size tank. I will also have a pair of clowns and maybe a fire shrimp. Also, how much rock?

Hi. Welcome to the forum :)

I would put in about 20lbs of rock. You can mix up live rock with dead, base rock to save some money.

You can have all the corals you listed without any issues as far as size and light.

Hope that helps!

I'd say no with the stock lighting. Maybe some if yhey are high enough up in the tank? I wouldnt try it though.

Idk because acropora can definitely survive under compact fluorescents, they turn brown though. Oh well. I'm taking down my biocube anyways lol

slitherbomb said:
I am wondering, would acropora or montipora survive in a biocube?

I agree with Carey. It might if placed super up high in the tank. But i wouldn't try it. Unless you could get a free frag or a cheap one to try out. Hope it works out, I love sps corals!

You would add the base or dead rock to the current live rock. The dead rock will look just like the live in a month or two. :)

Back
Top Bottom