What to test, add, watch for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goofyjas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am not sure if this is posted or not but I have been trying to read through the whole forum to make sure all is well.

What do you really want to test for in a reef + fish tank? What do you want to add? And last what do you like or feed your corals?

TIA !

Oh also what things are a must or do you all think are a SHOULD have in a reef tank, like snails.. crabs, shrimp ect?

thanks again!

Test for the basics...ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, Ph, SG, temp, calcium, ALK. No real need to add any suppliments as long as you do regular water changes. This will replenish any depleted trace elements and should buffer the ph just fine.
what do you like or feed your corals?
It really depneds on the corals you are keeping. Most do require special or intense lighting for energy. In a sense, they eat light. they will also eat free-floating foods in the water. It really varies from coral to coral so it s a hard question to answer.

zacdl said:
Ammonia, Nitrates, Nitrites, PH Basically.

and since he said reef, Alkalinity and calcium too. and if those two are way out of balance and proper dosing won't get them back in balance, a magnesium test is a good idea.

Cool, thanks!
I have been testing those and I feed my corals a few different things
Phytoplankton, cyclopees, and one other thing that was recommended to me.

Back
Top Bottom