What type of salt is the best in your opinion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissajk

Aquarium Advice Freak
I started mixing my own salt. I'm using Oceanic. I have been told that Red Sea Coral Pro is better because it has more trace elements. What is you opinion?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

In all reality, it is all pretty close to the same. One will be higher alk, another higher calcium...I like to mix it up with whatever is on sale, but usually end up with Kent if there isn't a deal since I like how it mixes up.

I'm with sniperhank on this one. When you get enough coral growing that a basic salt mix can't keep up with the alkalinity and calcium you will have to supplement no matter what mix you use.

I just stick with regular instant ocsan for mine and I have corals that are growing like mad.

Use brightwell. My lfs swears by it

Sent from my ME302C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I use oceanic also. Had my tank and plenty of corals for 15 yrs so far with no supplementation.

I wonder why my alkalinity drops so low. I don't have very many corals. I do weekly water changes too.

I wonder why my alkalinity drops so low. I don't have very many corals. I do weekly water changes too.

What corals do you have?

Soft corals and especially fast growing ones tend to be alk hogs

A hammer, frogspawn, mushrooms and a leather coral their pretty small

Back
Top Bottom