What was your 1st/2nd Coral??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was just wondering if you all could come together here for me and tell me what your very first coral was,why you chose it,how it turned out and what your second coral choice was? I am not going to go out and purchase one tommorrow I just want a little feedback from all of you on what it was like to be the Coral newbie and maybe a story behind it. It will greatly help me and maybe another new reefkeeper to make the right choice. there are a million coral species probably so the species and genus would be helpfull as well..

The first thing in my reef tank was mushroom corals. They are almost indestructable. Here is what they looked like

img_842246_0_b37f3ef809fd1fce170a55736e79889e.jpg

The second thing was my green bubble coral. Very hardy coral.

01010092.JPG

That Mushroom looks great I was debating ordering one of those for my very 1st the one I was looking at was Actinodiscus sp.) is that what yours is?

My first one was 2 heads of purple candy cane , they have since gone to 4 heads (slow growers) still have them after 3 -4 years .
second ones were shrooms , still have after 3 years :)

Aiptasia, then a hitch hiker button polyp and zoas appeared.

The first coral I put in my tank was frogspawn. I got it off ebay. This is what it looked like when I got it.
fish17jj7.jpg

Here is what it looks like now.
1001520if4.jpg

Not only did the coral grow, but the pic quality got better! Nice pic.

First 4

Ricordea Florida
Rhodactis sp
Actinodiscus sp
Fire and Ice Zoos

Back
Top Bottom