What's my anemone doing???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have what I believe is a rock flower anemone it does this thing where it'll anchor down for a few days and then after a while it does this... Any reason why it does thisImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391375412.007736.jpg

It will let go of the rock if it's unhappy, with it's location or tank params. How old is the tank, have you tested the water, what do you have for lighting?

My params are fine but like it just stretches out and then eventually anchor down again like right now he keeps blowing himself up like a balloon and then will deflate then repeat

The tank is over 9months and my lighting is t8 I'm working on getting LED's for it

The lighting is definitely not strong enough to support the anemone, the reason he keeps moving is to try and find more light.

But I read online that rock flower anemones or rock anemones usually are found on reefs where it's shady in the water???

I bought it bleached already unfortunately the owner of my LFS only has them bleached -___- but I also read somewhere that they adapt to a wide variety of lighting conditions and prefer vertical shady walls or live in the substrate

I bought it bleached already unfortunately the owner of my LFS only has them bleached -___- but I also read somewhere that they adapt to a wide variety of lighting conditions and prefer vertical shady walls or live in the substrate

Still, T5s or somthing stronger would do it good. It should have come back if it liked your lighting. Theres really no argueing that you need some better lights.

Yeah i know my lights are terrible I really want dimmable LEDs but as of now I don't have a job or any money

Anemones also need pristine water conditions. looks like you have some hair algae in the tank, what are you phosphate and nitrates testing at?

Back
Top Bottom