Whats up with my nitrite/nitrates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes and your pods will use it as a breeding ground

Should I get some of this and get a plastic container and throw it in my sump and let it just sit there forever?

(Yes I'm going to google now)

I just don't want to start things off in the wrong direction.

Thanks again!

If you put it in your sump you wont need the can as long as it stays away from your pump You will need a small light though

If you put it in your sump you wont need the can as long as it stays away from your pump You will need a small light though

GRRR roadblock after roadblock lol.

Hmmmm; I will need this stuff in the long run right? Any pics/advice how to aesthetically mount this in my main tank so I don't have to buy yet another light?

also with my ammonia nitrites being low but not gone is it too early to start sucking up the nitrates?

My bad should have said that Thanks Carey You can wege it in some rocks where it looks good to you mine floats around my tank i just cut it down when it gets to big for my taste

Best way clamp on light is 3.49 bulb is 3.00

Sorry if I sound dumb; but "ANY" light will work? From what I'm finding off google Just throw it on a timer opposite the time the lights are on in the tank right?

Also, Anyone have any idease here?

I currently have a 2 sided sump; left side where water flows into has bio balls, then the water goes to the right side which is just an open area that contains my protein skimmer and return pump.

I'm thinking of buying someone's used 20 gallon aquarium or something and putting the chaeto in there.

Does anyone have any good examples of how to attach my sump to that part; I'm guessing that part would be called the refugium?

ozorowsky said:
Also, Anyone have any idease here?

I currently have a 2 sided sump; left side where water flows into has bio balls, then the water goes to the right side which is just an open area that contains my protein skimmer and return pump.

I'm thinking of buying someone's used 20 gallon aquarium or something and putting the chaeto in there.

Does anyone have any good examples of how to attach my sump to that part; I'm guessing that part would be called the refugium?

I have the same thing you do, and would like to get a good idea from someone. I might just scrap mine and start with a new sump...

I would get rid of the bioballs and replace them with live rock. Cheto could go in the side with the live rock.
Bioballs can cause spikes of nitrates.

Back
Top Bottom