When is my tank fully matured?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gleach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just wondering what are good signs of a well matured reef tank.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Checking your water parameters will tell you that. No ammonia, nitrite and high nitrates

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

LOL> sorry, but you can have high nitrates in a brand new tank. lol thats not an indication of anything except that a water change is needed. :)

If you started with dead rock and it's now covered in coraline and has changed colors then thats a good first sign. The tank will have a "lived" in look about it, best I can explain it.

Wasn't dead but starting to build a lot of purple coralin algea.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

LOL> sorry, but you can have high nitrates in a brand new tank. lol thats not an indication of anything except that a water change is needed. :)

If you started with dead rock and it's now covered in coraline and has changed colors then thats a good first sign. The tank will have a "lived" in look about it, best I can explain it.

Yes. But he is asking signs of a MATURED tank. Not a newly setup tank. Most reef setups with decent coral growth will have lower nitrates. And having a well designed and established filtration system will help with nitrates

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom