when to introduce cleaning crew??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajcanzon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have been told a couple of different opinions about when to put in a cleaning crew. should i get the cleaning crew first before i get any fish, or get fish first? what do you guys think?

What sized tank, how much rock, and how and when did you cycle. Gotta know someting about the condition of your rock too. Got "stuff" on it that looks like someone can pick off for you?

I'm prolly making this more difficult than it has to be. I've easily seen the CUC (clean up crew) added after the cycle and before fish. Or at the same time.

All the earlier questions might still help you with clean up crew choices and quantity recommendations.

35 gallon hex, 30 lbs of live rock. its been about two weeks all levels are good. have any suggestions??

We added 5 snails and 3 hermit crabs about 2 weeks into our cycle, and then some cheap fish about a week later with no problems.

You need to wait till your cycle is over before adding any CUC. Once that is over then do a good PWC and add your CUC and fish after that.

Back
Top Bottom