Where can I get some good Live Rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RHINO13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anybody happen to know where I can get some good LR? I live in Whittier California. Im hoping someone can recomend a good lfs(that sells LR) but reliable websites would be helpful too!

Thanks

Thanks roka i didnt realize there was a regional forum here. The websites are helpful too. I just got my mind set on hand picking my LR. But if I cant find anyone then I will be buying online.

I agree. I bouught all mine at LFS also. But I was not sure which way you were going. Hope all goes well

I agree with mel. I will buy my LR at my LFS, but I am buying 150Lbs of base rock and will seed it with LR of my choice. I like to go and pick pieces of LR that look neat. Definitely check your regional forum to see where folks get their LR from. Buying base is a great way to save some money. I am buying 150Lbs of base, for a little over $2 per Lbs. Where I live, LR is $8.99/Lbs.
So 8.99x150=$1349.00. Ouch! I'll pick LR from my LFS (roughly 50-70Lbs) when I see really cool pieces.

roka I cant post anything in the regional forums, it says that users must be granted special permission?

Back
Top Bottom