Where is the best place online to buy a tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reef maniac

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all new here, but not new to saltwater. I used to have a 220g full blown reef tank. about 5 years ago. I want a new set-up now. But I'm looking for a bowfront corner tank about 50-90 gallons and preferably drilled... I went to all my local pet stores and no one carrys them. Wheres a good place online to order one?

oh, and where's a good place to buy live rock online? My local pet store has it. but it is $10 per pound!

I've never bought a tank online. Everyone I know that wants custom stuff done always works through their local LFS to special order what they want.

As for live rock, there's tons of places to get it for much cheaper than what your LFS is asking for it. I used one of our sponsors, underwateroutlet.com for mine. You can also consider base rock as well to lessen the initial startup expense, but you probably know that already.

Any LFS worth it's salt will special order any tank you want. Personally, I'd never order a tank online. I'd much rather let the LFS deal with the shipping aspect of those.

The problem with buying a tank online is shipping. Even with markup a store is likely to be cheaper : /

Well, I did finally find the perfect tank. Theres a lfs about 40 miles from here. Found a great 70gal bow front corner tank w/ overflow for $400. And they have gorgeous live rock for only $6.99lb

Now, whats the best protein skimmer for a 70gal?

Back
Top Bottom