Where to buy a tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abemas

Aquarium Advice Regular
Where would you guys recommend one buy a 100g+ tank from and what should I expect to pay for one with and without a stand?

Thanks!

Welcome to AA!

What kind of tank are you looking for: glass/acrylic? Ebay has some pretty good deals on reef ready tanks. I saw a 115g glass tank the other day for $199.00, but it wasn't reef ready. Add about $80-100 for it to be drilled. If you want an overflow type, you can by pretty much any of them. If it were me, I would go with the drilled tank. They also have a 125G with stand and canopy also for around $700.00. Not sure about shipping though. Good luck!

Mike

Thanks for the info. The selection at glasscages.com seems to be really good and the prices seem reasonable too. I haven't really decided acrylic vs. glass yet...just sort of doing my homework so when I do get a tank I'll know exactly what I want where I can get it. Somebody told me that although acrylic are lighter they also can scratch and are more costly...which seems to put glass higher on my list. Any input on the two types you can give? Also, I know I want a large tank - atleast 100g so I have plenty of room for whatever fish combination I decide on...however, is there any benifit or waste to going bigger than this? In other words...is there a certain tank size where going any bigger just takes up room in your home and stops allowing you to keep more fish or give you more options as far as tank setup goes?

Thanks!

The only waste when going bigger usually has to do with adding depth to the tank. Ideally, the longer and wider the tank, the better -- a 6ft long shallow tank is better than a 4ft long tall tank. Most fish appreciate staying lower in the water column. Plus, the deeper the tank, the more powerful your lights need to be.

Back
Top Bottom