Which light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dromo2189

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello I’m starting a 125 gallon tank. Right now i will just have it fish onlu but eventually i would like to go coral. I don’t want to spend tons on a light. I know eBay has knocks off just wondering which one people like and have used

I'm looking at a t5 4 bulb fixture. Not sure how good they are but reviews say t5 grow corals good

T5s are quite a bit more expensive down the road than leds. All lighting: t5s, metal halide, and leds will grow corals really well.

Leds are quickly becoming the most popular light because of bulb longevity, power efficiency, and low heat output.

honestly florescent's are about extinct in the saltwater world , I bought leds and I would never take a step back to florescent , the cost of each bulb you have to replace florescent
its not worth the money . leds are very inexpensive if you look at it long term on how much saved over the years.
these are the leds I have and love them they'll grow anything
2PCS-MarsAqua-Dimmable-165W-LED-Aquarium-Light-Full-Spectrum-Reef-Coral

I'm sure they can hook you up with a package deal since over a 125 you would need 3
I got a good deal on 2

Do they make a smaller version of these lights? I'm going 20 long soon and think this would be way to much for that. I have a finnex led and it's very good but I think I want to try something else for it.
I'd like to build a canopy and put one of those Mars in it hidden.
Thanks

I have not seen smaller ,but both channels on the Mars are dimmable so I am sure it could be adjusted for any size/depth tank...

The new t5 fixture came in. This is my tank with the stock bulbs. My blue and coral bulbs won't be here till the 10th

Back
Top Bottom