Which of these should I buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a reef tank I would think the more light the better.. For a 29gal that is only 16" deep you might be fine with the 2 tube.. Im a FOWLR and on my 90 gal I have the Coralife 4 tube with moonlights.. I would probably go with the 4 tube just to be safe but I hope some reefers jump in with their reccomendations.. Also depends on corals you are keeping and again thats not my dept.. Not much help probably but thats my .02..

Shane.

Hi. If youre going for a reef I would highly suggest the 4 tube fixture. it will give you more options for corals. :)

Two tubes and youre gonna be very limited imo.

Hope that helps

For a reef tank I would think the more light the better.. For a 29gal that is only 16" deep you might be fine with the 2 tube.. Im a FOWLR and on my 90 gal I have the Coralife 4 tube with moonlights.. I would probably go with the 4 tube just to be safe but I hope some reefers jump in with their reccomendations.. Also depends on corals you are keeping and again thats not my dept.. Not much help probably but thats my .02..

Shane.

not totally true, you can have to much light where you burn your corals and they begin bleech out

not totally true, you can have to much light where you burn your corals and they begin bleech out

Thats is true to a point, I don't think we are discussing getting MH or some extreme 12 lamp fixture. In my 29g I have a 4 bulb t5 system and on my 55g I have a 4 bulb fixture also. I've bleached out one coral maybe and it could have just been dying, so I doubt my 4 bulbs bleached him.

Back
Top Bottom