Which one of these RO/DI units should I get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just about everyone on this site that has bought from Filter Direct has been happy both with the product and service. The one on melevsreef.com looks fine as well but I don’t know anyone who has bought that one so my gut would tell you to go with the Filter Direct one. Not because it's cheaper by the way ;)

i have had the same one buy filterdirect for over 6 months works grate but if you get the sink adapter use a ziptie to keep the lever in mine shot across the room

cheaper in this case seems better. greater volume per day.
i like the sump float valve they offer for topping off. (dont forget to check it regularly)

you should ask them for the pressure tank and RO faucet for drinking water. It makes it a LOT more useful. RO makes tasty coffee, and having 2.5g on tap is perfect.

I have the filterdirect one and am happy with it

Just a FYI a 75 GPD unit is the most efficient unit we can get, rejection rate vs. waste. I don't care for the units that have horizontal DI resin canisters, they are prone to channeling. If this happens you will not be getting 100% out of the resin.
I have a airwaterice unit and it is a great unit, it is similar to the melevreef unit. Just some info.
o matter which unit you get a ro/di units is the way to go in a reef tank.

Back
Top Bottom