who goes in first

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

f-dean

Aquarium Advice Regular
55 gal was up for 3 month, recent add 65 lbs lr old fish 1 goby,1damsel in QT with 4 turbos, 1 narrisa snail, 6 hermits, and 1 emrald, QT is only 3 gal
amonia spikes in QT coarse to be expected.

My tank 55 gal levels are dropping amonia now .25, nitrate 30ppm,nitrite .5 ppm, ph is 8.4

Im thinking of tossing all snails and hermits, maby damsell , into 55 to decrease stress on emrald and goby, QT also has new rock with star polyps, worried about losing them, also the rock has 100 mini little feathers,

Can I take some feathers off and get them onto the lr in my 55 or will they just spread.

Putting anything in the 55 with it not fully cycled would be risky. I guess if you are seeing higher ammonia in the QT than in the 55, you might try it. That is a lot in a 3 gal QT.

I have heard that star polyps are pretty hardy but I don't know about moving the small feathers. Not sure how you would do that ... sorry. The damsel is the hardiest fish you have. The inverts/coral will be least intolerable of poor water than anything else you have.

It is a gamble at this point. You could try setting up another QT if possible or maybe going to a 10-20 gal. You nitrites might not have spiked fully if you still have ammonia present.

Good Luck

Definitely go with a larger QT. The damsel should be one of the last fish you introduce if you are set on having it as they are one of the more aggressive and territorial species. Inverts can go in anytime your tank is cycled and readings level off. Why so much in QT at one time?

In the future when your tank is ready probably no need to QT inverts just do a long drip.

Good luck,

yeah damsell is only surviver from damsell die off cycle, he is convict (black and white he swims, next to yellow watchman goby slapping him with his tail. Id chunk him but my kids named him oreo, I threaten to find a fish to eat him. emrald snapped him one day for slapping him with tail it was funny.

Back
Top Bottom