Why no Coraline ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquanaut

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just a quick question...why no Coraline?

NH3 0
No2 <0.3 mg/l
PH 8.0 - 8.2
KH 11
CA 400 - 420
Phos. 0.3
This tank is about 3 months old,which I know isnt mature, but I would think I see just a little. There is some that came on my LR, but it is not spreading at all. I think its dying off. LFS gave me a nice piece of Coraline he chipped off one of his tanks to seed mine. Should I crush it up or leave it as one large piece. Its about 1x3 inches. will seeding help.

Maybe it needs more time :) Thanks all

sometimes coraline will grow slow and then appear not to grow at all. then, in several weeks or months, it will spike back up and start to grow.

to help, i add calcium every 2 days and have introduced live rock with lots of coraline already added. pretty good grazers too.

remember the conditions that make coraline grow....waterflow, cooler temperatures (slight), and lots of light.

hang in there! ask for second opinion.

I had Coraline growing under my PC lights, but then when I switched to MH it started to disappear. Conditions will determine the presence of Coraline. Calcium will definitely help though.

Mike

how frequent and large are your water changes? could be low on traces like Mg, Iodine or Strontium.

Your Cal and alk look good.... What type of lighting?
3 months is not that old of a tank so I may take time. Try brushing the chunk of coraline you got from the LFS in the current you should see some pink dust coming off of it.... I would do this several time a week and see if it helps..

Back
Top Bottom