Will this light grow soft corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EmilyA

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have this light and was wondering if it would grow soft corals such as zoas, muchrooms, kenya trees and maybe ricordea? This will be for a 2.5g pico tank! I have read up on lights and honestly they confuse me, I have this light lying around and was curious if it would work. (It is very bright) If not do you have any suggestions of what I could use instead? Thanks for your time and advice!

Attachments

• light1.jpg
    light1.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 100
  • light2.jpg
    light2.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 73
Thankyou! I will look for a much better suited light. :)

Yes and no. I am moving into an apartment with my brother and plan to start a 20-30g nano for my first saltwater tank. I would love to have a pico in the future and I was wondering if I should throw this light out or hang onto it! Haha. :)

Yes and no. I am moving into an apartment with my brother and plan to start a 20-30g nano for my first saltwater tank. I would love to have a pico in the future and I was wondering if I should throw this light out or hang onto it! Haha. :)

Got it. Would be...adventurous with going pico for a first sw tank. 20-30 gallons is a great starter.

Back
Top Bottom