With LEDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smithpants94

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all,

I've turned to LEDs... I made the switch to the 120 watt, 55 LED fixture! (The "cheap Chinese" one"

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417148796.846298.jpg

Has anyone found a balance between the power of white and blue? The fixture has the adjustable light powers for both colors..

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm still playing with mine. Massive fan of these!!

I'm replacing a two bulb, t5 HO light.

Right now I just have some green star polyps.. I'm planning on keeping other softies and lps with MAYBE an sps but for sure a green bubble tip anenome down the road.

I would start that out at somewhere around 40% blue and maybe 30% white. This fixture you have is much more powerful than the t5 fixture you are replacing. You could increase it slowly over a period of weeks, so not to shock the GSP.

Thanks! I think I'll also restart them all the way on the sand bed as well, just to keep that shock factor down

Which fixture did you get? I've been looking lately to figure out what I'm going to get when I set the tank set up after the holidays

It's the 120watt 55x3watt dimmable led grow light.. This one is called reef grow(?) or something like that

Back
Top Bottom