Worms!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcm

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I seem to have a very healthy community of bristle worms and feather dusters. Is there any way to control this population. I am sure that part of the problem has been me over feeding, but I do not want to underfed either. Any help would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Shut the lights off for an hour use a red flashlight and pick them out with tweezers or gloves that's how I control mine.. Or you can make a trap by cutting little slits in a water bottle then put a rinsed table shrimp in it and some sand to keep the shrimp at the bottom. Then burry the bottom of the bottle under the sand. And leave it for a day or two

You already know the source of the population, overfeeding. :) Just cut back a little bit here and there and the numbers of bristleworms will decline slowly. There isnt anything really wrong with having them in a tank, just have to watch out for your fingers when you are working in there. lol If you must remove some I had alot of luck with a bristleworm trap I got for like $6 online. In only two nights I got over two dozen worms. Good luck

They are pretty hard to control once they get in large numbers. You'll have to physically remove them. They can survive on very little I had like a dozen in a water bottle for like a month and they were still alive until I flushed them.

Feed 2 or 3 times a week and they will slowly disappear. People go out and spend hundreds on snails and crabs and starfish, just to throw away the free critters that do the same job. I don't see the logic behind it.

Back
Top Bottom