wow!!! help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Micro_suds

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi there,

well to make a long story short, i added 2 clownfish and a blue tang to my tank. one of the clowns was down near the bottom of the tank and out came my lobster and grabbed the clownfish and killed him!! a sad day to say the least. the other clownfish seems to be surviving but has some visible marks on his body possibly from the lobster as well. the blue tang is quite large in size (the same fish as in finding nemo!!) and all it does is hide in the rocks and try and get under the very same rock where the lobster is. neither the clown or the tang are eating very well. what have i done wrong. i pulled out all my damsels and the cinnamon clown i had in previously because i wanted some different fish. my water checked out fine and i haven't had any problems thus far except for a bit of brown algae... what should i do??

regards,

Micro

the correct common name for your blue tang is a hippo tang. Not to be confused with the other blue tang that has a body shape of a yellow tang.

Seems like you have a rather large preditor in your tank by the way of the blue lobster. You might have to just make a decision about the lobsters fate within your tank.

seems to me that you hippo tang and clown are a bit nervous - hence not eating correctly! if you water is clean then is most likely the presence of the blue lobster. i agree with fishfreek, you may have to make a choice; friendly fish or blue lobster.

Are you feeding the lobster??? I have seen people with both fish and lobster but keep the lobster well fed so he does not bother the fish! :wink:

well,

the choice has been made.....lobster is out!!! can't handle any more casualties!

thanx for the help.....hippo tang still a bit stressed out...

regards,

Micro

if these fish are new to your tank it can take them a few days to make themselves comfortable before they'll start eating. Just keep your tank in good form and try feeding small amounts each day. If they don't eat it, remove the food from the tank. If they do eat it, feed a little more.

Back
Top Bottom