wow worst morning of my life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulweck

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I woke up to what sounds like a waterfall here to find out that I have a huge crack in my back glass of my tank. I wanna die right now after all that work here I am emptying the tank ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhghhhggh

OMG. Thats horrible! Did you loose alot of water? I mean hopefully the crack was near the top....

Good luck, let us know how it turns out after you get done doing what you gotta do.

Don't look at it in a negative light man! Here's your perfect opportunity to go bigger and better!!!

What a thing to wake up to. My biggest fear. Well, aside from stairs and hairy moths, that is.

Hope you figure it all out and can save your fish!

Thanks everybody I have the tank drained it looks like a piece of live rock. Fell again.ya the back of the glass and cracked it from top to bottom. Thank god I didn't have my fish in there just lr sand and water. So took everything out and put my water in the 55 gallon trash can that I bought Monday for my rodi water. And put all the lr in my other tank. This is the worst after all that work this happens.

Thanks everybody I have the tank drained it looks like a piece of live rock. Fell again.ya the back of the glass and cracked it from top to bottom. Thank god I didn't have my fish in there just lr sand and water. So took everything out and put my water in the 55 gallon trash can that I bought Monday for my rodi water. And put all the lr in my other tank. This is the worst after all that work this happens.

wow, that suxx!
Worst nightmare that could happen to me. Thats why I poxied everything together.
So hope and pray it will never never nerver happen to me :nono: my boyfriend would never let me have a tank again

It was a used tank. I have to order a new one and I won't be able to get it till Wednesday this sucks. I have to paint the back and drill it again. But the place I'm buying it from ( the hidden reef) is gonna drill it for me so I don't have to drill since I.don't have a bit

It's alright I've calmed down now thanks to some other stuff and I just ordered the new tank and it will be here and drilled on Wednesday and I will paint it Wednesday night hopefully to get it filled by the weekend. But this really sucked

I hear ya. I don't know what I'd do in that situation. I would definitely bug out like you wouldn't believe. LOL

But good luck, I hope it all works out on schedule for you.

any damage to the house? wet walls, carpet? In addition to the loss of the tank, stock etc thats another thing that sucks

No there was no stock just rock and sand. And leaking of the crack was dumping in my sump so I git lucky that my floors didn't get wet. I glad I noticed it when I did if I didn't the tank coulda burst and water could of got anywhere

No there was no stock just rock and sand. And leaking of the crack was dumping in my sump so I git lucky that my floors didn't get wet. I glad I noticed it when I did if I didn't the tank coulda burst and water could of got anywhere

oh wow... yeah, guess u really are lucky considereing the circumstances

I have a paranoia that the desk my tanks on will break and throw my beloved fish and time work and money all over the floor. Or maybe there will be a leak I don't see until its too late.

But at you did get lucky! And the chances are it wont happen again for a while, if at all.

My little nephew has been trying to catch my fish and the other day he moved the filter over to the side so all the water was spilling onto the hood and down to the floor. I lost about 4 gallons before I saw what was going on. lol

Back
Top Bottom