Yellow tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshpwolf

Aquarium Advice Freak
Not sure if it is me but it looks like my yellow tangs body is turning white. Not sure if its just my lighting. Is there any kind if disese that I should be worried about. I have had it for about one week.

Are you talking about a white area in the middle of the body? If so it`s normal. My yellow tang that I had for 14 years had this lighter yellow area(almost white looking) on it`s body in the middle. It was really noticable with the lights out. Dont know if that`s what you are talking about or not.

Are you talking about a white area in the middle of the body? If so it`s normal. My yellow tang that I had for 14 years had this lighter yellow area(almost white looking) on it`s body in the middle. It was really noticable with the lights out. Dont know if that`s what you are talking about or not.
+1,,a lot of fish do this at night . ..My purple tang turns pale and the middle of his body gets a dark streak from head to tail..

FTMMWS said:
+1,,a lot of fish do this at night . ..My purple tang turns pale and the middle of his body gets a dark streak from head to tail..

It must be a night thing he is bright yellow during the day. I notice the white color in the evening. Hes eating and swimming fine. Thanks all

It's normal, I've seen that on my Yellow too, but only with the lights off. You should only see it during the day if he's stressed ( temporarily, or habitually) Lol, or sick.
Mine gets whitish on his lateral line, where you would normally see HLLE. But under the lights he's bright yellow, throughout.

Back
Top Bottom