yess! going to pick up a 29 gallon biocube!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evo8

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have a 8 gallon evolve tank cycling...well behold my LFS has lied to me and im facing the cold reality that I can host no fish in a tank that size..so off I go for my bio cube! Any suggestions on fish for it?

I currently have a 8 gallon evolve tank cycling...well behold my LFS has lied to me and im facing the cold reality that I can host no fish in a tank that size..so off I go for my bio cube! Any suggestions on fish for it?

A very popular issue .
They are paid to make a sale and tell you what you want to hear .
Very common mistake is everyone always wants a bigger tank .
Plan what you wish to stock , research what you need then build to suit your wish .
Something To look forward to , and work towards .
Rome wasn't built over night and neither were any great reefs .

Yes sir..I plan on starting with just live rock and fish.. then.maybe in a few months moving on to coral... I plan on a pair of clowns..perhaps a pair of gobys? It sucks because going off my LFS advice i already have my 8 gallon cycling with live rock in it..I guess I'll just move the rock over to the cube

Yes sir..I plan on starting with just live rock and fish.. then.maybe in a few months moving on to coral... I plan on a pair of clowns..perhaps a pair of gobys? It sucks because going off my LFS advice i already have my 8 gallon cycling with live rock in it..I guess I'll just move the rock over to the cube

The clowns are a good choice .
Gobys are not unless you can get a mated pair .
Very territorial and will fight .
Don't get me wrong ,
This is your tank and learn from it as a experience .

Any suggestions on cleaning it up? Vinegar right? What about all the filtration chambers? Do I clean them as well or leave them as is

I have an evolve 8 and i put a single fish in it, a tailspot blenny. He is always in a ho;le in the rock so he doesnt swim anywhere, lol, perfect for an 8 gallon tank. Depending on the fish you might be able to get one in there. I am going to concentrate on inverts in mine which is another option. :)

I also have a 29g biocube which is such a great tank! Easy to maintain and you have soo many more fish options! You still have to stay small fish wise but you can have several fish if you choose right.

Good luck and hope to see how well you do. :)

Thanks guys! This is my first saltwater so bigger will be better! Shown much vinegar do I use when cleaning?

Back
Top Bottom