Yet another question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ladybus301

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all. I have a 54 gallon corner tank. I have 2 fluval filters on it and a skimmer.. All the filter outlets are in the back corner blowing out towards the front of the tank. They are all near the surface of the water. Are these placed properly or should one of them be near the bottom of the tank. How do u tell if u have flow on the bottom or not? The lfs sold me a flo deflector for $19.00 dollars. I cant notice it doing much. I thought I would see waves or something. He said this being placed near the top would make water flow thru out the tank Was this a waste of money? Can anybody help out there? Thankss!!!!!!

Your tank, in addition to a minimum of 10-15x per hour turnover, should have water movement throughout. Though most tanks have more flow in the upper regions, there should still be at least some visible water movement along the sand as well. An easy way to achieve that is to add a PH and point it towards the bottom. Or you could hide it behind some lr, and place it towards the bottom of the tank for a better effect. I'm not sure what the deflector is/looks like but I HTH

Back
Top Bottom