I'm planning to upgrade to a 125G SWFO tank from my current 25G, which houses 2 tank-bred clowns, a royal gramma, a banggai cardinal, and a green clown goby.
I'd like to get your opinions on the equipment and stock I plan to get:
1. 125G Glass Tank (what's a good, reliable, well-designed, affordable brand?)
2. 125# LR
(Fiji, Keys, Tonga - what's a good combination?)
3. 125# substrate (100# crushed coral, 25# sand)
4. 25# live sand (Fiji pink - is this really needed?)
5. Protein skimmer - Prizm Pro Deluxe
6. External filter - Eheim 2026 Professional Filter
7. Powerheads - 2 Maxi-jet 1200 powerheads
8. Heater - 300W (or should I get two? what's a good brand?)
Currently have: 2 tank-bred clowns, banggai cardinal, royal gramma, green clown goby, some inverts (fire shrimp, emerald crab, nassarius snails)
Plan to add (in this order):
baby blue tang
comet (marine betta)
red flame angel
(is this too much? are they compatible? is this a good order of adding these fish?)
10. so what else do I need? Would you recommend a sump? How expensive is this?
THANKS in advance, guys and gals! Just need to plan things out, and I've read more than enough, and I want to hear from your experiences.