Zoas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea I think they're called that too.

Tex, those are all good prices but I wouldnt pay 50-100 for zoa colonies just get a couple frags and glue them to a small rock and wait a few months and bam you have your $100 colony lol.

Wonder what he's asking for that acro colony? Probably $500...

Yea I think they're called that too.

Tex, those are all good prices but I wouldnt pay 50-100 for zoa colonies just get a couple frags and glue them to a small rock and wait a few months and bam you have your $100 colony lol.

On average how long does it normally take if water conditions are good for a colony of 10-20 to spread ?
Even just to spread off of the frag to other rocks ?

That seams to be a lot of new corals for a new tank .
I would hate to hear everything dying cause of it being so soon and immature of a system

p.s. thats not my tank. its the lrs tank :facepalm:

lol you have a point, but like i said im super friggin impatient but i dont think im going to drop $50 on my first corals so soon. i think ill get a few diff ones and glue them to a piece of lr and let them spread (y)

On average how long does it normally take if water conditions are good for a colony of 10-20 to spread ?
Even just to spread off of the frag to other rocks ?

x2 on this, and do they spread uncontrollably? will they take over an entire rock and eventually the tank in time? :blink:

Well when conditions are good and stable I see them spread pretty quickly ive put a frag next to a rock so the polyps are touching it or another rock and have seen new little ones start to pop up on the rock after only a couple weeks. Sometimes its quick sometimes its slow.

I have seen one or two pop up in a totally random spot also maybe it blew over from the power head who knows?

Search for "zoa garden" in sw reef aquaria or member sw tanks and you can see some amazing ones and see what they do to get it that way.

Well when conditions are good and stable I see them spread pretty quickly ive put a frag next to a rock so the polyps are touching it or another rock and have seen new little ones start to pop up on the rock after only a couple weeks. Sometimes its quick sometimes its slow.

I have seen one or two pop up in a totally random spot also maybe it blew over from the power head who knows?

Search for "zoa garden" in sw reef aquaria or member sw tanks and you can see some amazing ones and see what they do to get it that way.

Thank you Erich .

googled it, i was not disappointed at all :eek:

8869077536_6e10684bbe_b.jpg

img_2628920_1_aefb30324c8f42382cf0762759d1fb72.jpg

Hey how did you get a picture of my tank?! (I wish lol)

Those are serious, especially the first one pretty much all designer strains...

Here is a thread from a member on here and it is in a 29 cube which I belive yours is...

Updated pics of my Zoa garden

He said it took him 3 months to get it like this from the size of a golfball.

Hey how did you get a picture of my tank?! (I wish lol)

Those are serious, especially the first one pretty much all designer strains...

Here is a thread from a member on here and it is in a 29 cube which I belive yours is...

Updated pics of my Zoa garden

He said it took him 3 months to get it like this from the size of a golfball.

awesome thread! mine is actually a 37g bow front.. and i hope mine grow that fast. i have a dual t5ho fixture on for 6-8hrs a day. hope thats the ticket!

Basically, look on line. The ones with major price tags are very slow growers and/or more finicky.
Some of those in the above first picture are the slower growers. the second picture are all common indo zoas that grow pretty fast. Notice the larger colonies V.S. the first pic.

**** I have a question reefs to go has a sale, spend a $1 get 20 polyps free is tgat legit?

Back
Top Bottom