10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

armenkk1

Aquarium Advice Freak
have a 10 gallon fish less cycling and haven't figured out what fish to put in it. Could I put like 5 neon tetras and a cory or two.

I had 9 neons in a 10g. What's your filtration look like.

I would do 9 neons and about 10 ghost shrimp with some live plants

it's just a small HOB filter with a big sponge in it.

I got rid of the carbon

It looks like sand I would go with 6 neón tetras and you could get Pygmy corys but not regular ones. I would just do 6 neons and 6 Pygmy corys.

josh7 said:
It looks like sand I would go with 6 neón tetras and you could get Pygmy corys but not regular ones. I would just do 6 neons and 6 Pygmy corys.

Dwarf Cories and Neons appreciate live plants. Check out Anubias or Java Ferns for super easy plants.

I would smooth out your sand and make the back higher than the front. That will let debris roll to the front where you can see it easier.

Just my opinion but I wouldn't put Neons in a 10 gal; they are active fish and would appreciate more horizontal swim space than a 10 gal can provide for them.

librarygirl said:
Just my opinion but I wouldn't put Neons in a 10 gal; they are active fish and would appreciate more horizontal swim space than a 10 gal can provide for them.

True.
Celestial Pearl Danios aka CPDs aka Galaxy Rasboras are a good alternative. Mine do well in my 10g.
Other Nano fish may work.
Ember Tetras
Chili Rasboras
Etc

I have 2 guppy males, 5 neon tetras, one bamboo shrimp and 3 zebra nerites in my 10g.... which i think is a little overstocked so i make sure i do a 50% water change every 5 days or so. It works really good from what I can tell. 5 tetras is really less than you should have and technically you should have 2 females for every male guppy but it's worked for me. They are all about to move to a 65 gallon where I'll fill out the tetra school and probably grab some more guppies.

Back
Top Bottom