10 Gallon Bottom Cleaners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afurlow96

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone, my ten gallon is up and running, so far only have 6 black skirt tetra in there and i am feeding them the smallest size sinking tropical fish pellets from API. They seem to like them but if they miss a few while they are sinking, they will not eat it out of the sand or gravel. I don't want to have a bunch of sunken pellets laying on the floor from the fish missing one or two every feeding, so i was wondering what i could get that would not mind sucking up some pellets from the substrate.

I was very close to buying some False Juli Corys but i knew that they should be in something like a 20gallon (unless someone tells me otherwise). If there is some other cory i could get for a 10gallon tank (i have never seen a pygmy cory sold in a store), or just some other fish that doesn't mind the bottom of the tank.
I know with only 10 gallons I'm limited and may just have to get some Ghost Shrimp, but even then, my knowledge on shrimp is zero to none.

You're pretty well stocked already.. I'd say add 5 among shrimp.and keep up the weekly wc's with gravel vac..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

do Juli corys have a chance in a 10gallon? or it is just not a good idea

Not really an ideal setting for juli's.. dwarf habrosus would be a great fit if you could find them..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

An Otocinclus would work as they only get up to 2", but your tank is pretty full. Try switching to floating pellets or flakes instead.

An Otocinclus would work as they only get up to 2", but your tank is pretty full. Try switching to floating pellets or flakes instead.

I just looked up Otocinclus on liveaquaria.com which i usually find as a trustworthy site and it says they need minimum of 30 gallons which is more than a cory would need :confused:

Maybe a couple ghost shrimp are my best bet

I'd go with Amano shrimp over ghost shrimp, but that's personal preference.

Back
Top Bottom