10 gallon ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishtankfan

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have an empty ten gallon at my house and thinking of changing that. What should I put in there? Please share your opinion. Thanks

I am working on doing the same. :)

What are you looking for? i.e. Are you looking for hardy fish that are less maintenance? Did you want to be able to have a reasonably large number of small fish, or a small school of slightly larger fish?

I'm not too sure exactly! I was thinking like a Main centrepiece fish then like a school. I already have a guppy tank so I'd like to stay away from live bearers. I'm not entirely new to this hobby but I'm no expert either so I'm not 100 percent sure on how to set up this tank :S lol. What are you looking at?

Do you know about cycling?
What equipment do you have?
What is the ph of your tap?
Planted or not?
Specifics please!

Not planted water ph is 7-8. And the tank came with a filter 90 gph internal.

I'm starting a 10 gallon tank. I already took the steps I needed to treat the water. I won't have any live plants. I want some small fish and maybe a couple medium sized fish. What would be good?

So I have an empty ten gallon at my house and thinking of changing that. What should I put in there? Please share your opinion. Thanks

empty tank... I remember when I had one of those! Now.. the numbers of tanks and fish are rapidly multiplying :)

As for the tank I just set a 10g up for a betta. I will be turning that into a planted tank with the betta and Red Cherry Shrimp which should look really nice when its ready.

Another decent option for stocking a 10g is a small school of Harlequin Rasboras.

Ok, then. What test kit do you have?
For a 10G then I think only "nano" fish are okay/recommended. Neon tetras, ember tetras, chili rasboras, celestial pearl danios, etc.

Back
Top Bottom