10 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fisharecool

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im thinking of restarting my 10 gallon and I don't know what to put in it im going to put in live plants. A species only tank seems cool but not something like your average tetras or guppies. so anyone have any cool ideas im open to species or tropical community stocking ideas. also that its not super hard to care for.:thanks:

Cpds and sparkling gouramis seem cool not to sure on the micro rasboras or ember tetras. I really do like the cpds and sparkling gouramis . Any tank mates for them

Definently something different ill take them into consideration any information on them

All hatchetfish are good, but marbles are easy to take care of. The stay at the top of the tank, and make sure you have a kid cause they jump. There shaped like a hatchet, with, well... Marble coloring. Feed what you would other small fish. They grow to about 2 in., and should be kept in groups.

cool thanks ill think about them and what are some good tank mates that are different like them. Im also very interested in cherry shrimp

Red ruby tetras would be really nice. I believe that there is a smaller species of hatchetfish. You will need a lid to prevent escapes.

Not really into tetras but they are something different so :thanks: the hood might be a problem mines not fully on the tank since I got a filter for a 30 gal so that might be a problem. What are the other hatchets.

Hatchets need surface area. A 10g is rather small for them. Without a tight lid Id skip them.

CPDs can live with RCS ( shrimp)
Otos other Nano fish. Pygmy Cory cats etc... Not good with larger fish. They are shy and can be out competed for food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chili rasboras are definently cool looking.do yall have any more suggestions of what to get and where to get them from. btw :thanks: the chillis look great ill do more research

im going to give away most of my current stock later this month or next. Im going to stay with 6 neons so can cpds go with them or can a trio of sparkling gouramis go with them. Any stocking ideas with neons

Nano fish are usually best with other nano species. Many are shy and can be out competed for food or be intimidated if the other fish are much larger. They are slow, deliberate eaters. Stalking their food much like Scarlet Badis. I would say to offer some frozen baby brine shrimp, not just flakes. I crush up flakes for my tiny fish.

Gouramis are not schooling fish and are territorial. 1-2 Sparkling Gouramis might be better. Give them more territory. As with most Nano fish, heavily planted at the back of the tank is best IMHO.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+882+1562&pcatid=1562

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=158590

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a heavily planted 10g with clown killies and pygmy cories. Both are great little fish.

ok thanks so no nano fish then. Thanks for the info so any other good ideas. with neons im interested in dwarf gouramis can they be in a 10 ive gotten mixed of yes and no.

Honey gouramis look cool that's on the possibility list. do they have color morphs like dwarf gouramis. Any other good suggestions

Back
Top Bottom