10 gallon stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

connorilles14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank has basically completed it's cycle so im now thinking about my stocking options. I have been to my lfs a few times and have seen a few fish that I would really like to have. The thing is I'm not sure about how many of each I can have or if these fish are ever suitable for my tank or to be together. The fish that have really caught my eye are:
Balloon ram
Angle fish
Panda Cory cat
Cherry shrimp
Harlequin rasbora
Guppies

Also is there a order I should add my fish in and what steps do I take to add fish to my tank? Sorry for a million questions! Thanks!!

IMO only guppies and the shrimp that you mentioned can be in that tank. Maybe panda corys, but probably not.

A few great nano fish are:

Chili rasbora
Celestial pearl danio
Platinum tetra
Honey gourami (they don't school)
Sparkling gourami (they also don't school)
Blue axelrodi (but they are very hard to find)

Hi connorilles!!

The only fish on your list IMO that would comfortably fit in your tank are the Harlequins, guppies, cherry shrimp, and panda cories(Maybe).
I honestly think a good stocking list would be:

6 Harlequin Rasboras
2 guppies
10 Cherry Shrimp
(Maybe) 4 panda cories
I don't think you really need to go in a specific order, but I would personally add the shrimp first.:D

Good luck and congrats on the tank! (If I am wrong in any way, please correct me! Thanks!)

*Side Note*
I'm not 100% sure, but the Harlequins may or may not work out. You might have to really keep up on maintenance if you do end up getting them!:D

I would be willing the switch the harlequins to some kind of tetra if that would make a difference

Dang, all the fish I seam to be interested in aren't suitable for my tank :(

Back
Top Bottom