10 gallon tank + 6 white clouds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well we added the male betta on Saturday morning. No mass carnage or anything. When he was first in there and checking things out he chased a couple white clouds very briefly, but he never really got close.

One funny thing is that by that afternoon he had evicted the white clouds from their favorite hiding space (behind the large tacky castle we have in the tank). Since he has set up shop back there he hasn't really come out (we spot him from time to time swimming out from behind the castle but staying in the back of the tank). When he does swim out he seems healthy so we aren't worried yet. He'll have to come out eventually when he gets hungry enough right?

The poor white clouds seem a little put out by being kicked out of their home :D, as they will spend a lot of time just watching the betta back behind there. Though when the betta is sleeping (or at least non-active) a few of them will sneak back there with him. You can always tell when the betta is moving around, though, because all 6 white clouds are out and about in the front of the tank. :)

I am currently planning on getting a 50 or 55 gallon tank in August or thereabouts. At that time I plan on pulling the white clouds out of the 10g (moving them to the bigger tank). Right now I don't know what I will do with the 10 gallon. Right now I would plan on probably leaving the betta in there or perhaps adding a female.

I have seen some ideas about getting a plastic soap dish and suctioning it to the wall, then add some silk plants to it for a betta bed. Maybe if he likes that more then he will give the white clouds' spot back. I think as far as compatiability goes, it just depends on the fish. Another betta would be a good companion for him if/when you upgrade your tanks. Glad to hear everything is working out well!

Back
Top Bottom