10 gallon tank, trying to avoid overcrowding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newfishgirl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I have my very first freshwater aquarium. It has cycled (Ammonia=0, Nitrites=0, Nitrates=15). I currently have 3 Platties and 1 skirt tetra. I would like to get 1 more skirt tetra and 1 mystery snail. Do you think that sounds ok? I know 10 gallons is a small tank and I just don’t want to overcrowd it.

I would rehome the skirt tetra. They need to be in schools of 6 and 10g isn't big enough for that.

Hi,

I have my very first freshwater aquarium. It has cycled (Ammonia=0, Nitrites=0, Nitrates=15). I currently have 3 Platties and 1 skirt tetra. I would like to get 1 more skirt tetra and 1 mystery snail. Do you think that sounds ok? I know 10 gallons is a small tank and I just don’t want to overcrowd it.

Your nitrates are high and I would look into some live plants if you don't already have some but skirt tetras like big groups so you should rehome if possible idk where you are located but if your in Florida like I am I can give you some snails mine laid eggs and now I have like 40 and no one I know irl has fshtanks

Back
Top Bottom