10g tank questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Plants are as easy or hard as you want them to be. If you go high-light fast-growing plants, it's a constant job fertilizing and pruning. If you go with the plants logansmomma1228 mentioned and keep the lights down, you'll have a pretty low maintenance tank.

One lonley oto? I would suggest you introduce your otos first a week in advance of the puffer. Also one oto won't live long unfortunately a group of 3 or more will keep them less stressed and living longer.

One lonley oto? I would suggest you introduce your otos first a week in advance of the puffer. Also one oto won't live long unfortunately a group of 3 or more will keep them less stressed and living longer.

i was going to suggest getting more than one as well. however, would it be good to add them first? i've read that they need a source of algae to munch on. but you could always feed them algae wafers or blanched vegetables, right? i'd like to know as well, i'm planning on getting otos at some point.

Not all otos will eat algae wafers. Some are pretty picky I guess. I was going to add my otos first but nobody had anybody. I would suggest waiting to add them until the tank is more established.

With agressive fish it's best to add your non-aggressive first so they can scope out hiding spots and what not.

With agressive fish it's best to add your non-aggressive first so they can scope out hiding spots and what not.

i see. so the otos would be fine with blanched vegetables, and algae wafers or whatnot (assuming they eat them) until the tank is more established and has some sort of algae source?

I am curious to this as well. Now I hope Alejandro lets them be when I get mine! It might just depend on how picky the particular oto(s) are as far as if they will eat that stuff or not.

Back
Top Bottom