12 endlers and 5 African dwarf frogs too much for a 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aphone

Aquarium Advice Activist
What do you think? My tank is still fishless cycling. Amonia is really high. So?

And would I have to worry about the frogs eating the endlers?

The frogs are actually (in my experience) very messy and it is close to overstocked with just the frogs

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yea, I'm not an expert but it sounds like your tank is overstocked. A general rule I heard is 1 inch of fish per gallon, and 12 endlers which can get to 1 inch each is already 12 inches, plus the frogs.

Also, I wouldn't be worried about fish being eaten by the african dwarf frogs. In general, african dwarf frogs are very docile and peaceful animals, but keep an eye on them just in case.

Yea, I'm not an expert but it sounds like your tank is overstocked. A general rule I heard is 1 inch of fish per gallon, and 12 endlers which can get to 1 inch each is already 12 inches, plus the frogs.

The inch per gallon is an outdated concept

I would say yes, definitely overstocked.

As far as endlers are concerned, I've had a local breeder tell me they've kept up to as many as 3 per gallon without issue. I have 15 yellow jacket endlers in a 10g with some ruby tetras and have had no problems at all, but I'm very diligent about water changes.

Back
Top Bottom