120 gallon journal : the slow burn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vapocalyptic

Aquarium Advice Activist
Picked this up for 100 bucks. Came with a canopy, 48' light, stand, and obviously the tank.

It'll be a sloww process... Mainly starting this thread so I don't have to make others asking a million questions.

Step 1...getting it level. I'll update with pics tonight.

So far, I've reinforced the stand with 2x4s. Lookin sturdy. Dunno who's gonna be swimming in here. Thinking a few frontosa, see if I can get some babies before I've gotta rehome/buy a six footer.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1426993352110.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1426993352110.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 99
  • uploadfromtaptalk1426993401517.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1426993401517.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 101
Hoping to get a stand built in the next month..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1427104269877.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427104269877.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 83
Wish I could source a stand that want 689.00!!!

Okay guys. This is no shims, straight on carpet. Sounds like an easy fix right... Lift the front. Nope. Gets worse. Shim everywhere, it caught on fire. Lol. So I ripped everything out, filled it up, and I'm watching for leaks now in the event I decide to sell it. My floors are something else...

Can I, by chance, live with this amount? I have had a few people see it and tell me they've seen worse etc, but that is not comforting. I just want to know if this is getting into bursting seams territory. This front to back. Side to side seems okay. I don't know how to measure how much it is off, my level doesn't have increments.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1427361956655.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427361956655.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 69
Okay guys. This is no shims, straight on carpet. Sounds like an easy fix right... Lift the front. Nope. Gets worse. Shim everywhere, it caught on fire. Lol. So I ripped everything out, filled it up, and I'm watching for leaks now in the event I decide to sell it. My floors are something else...

Can I, by chance, live with this amount? I have had a few people see it and tell me they've seen worse etc, but that is not comforting. I just want to know if this is getting into bursting seams territory. This front to back. Side to side seems okay. I don't know how to measure how much it is off, my level doesn't have increments.

A tank that size I wouldn't settle for anything less than perfect. Hate to wake up to120 gallons on the floor...

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

This sucks lol. At least the dpg is happening soon.

Yup..gonna get a 55 and a 29 long. More manageable lol

Back
Top Bottom