120g heater question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 75g and run 2 200w. My house will get into the high 50's at night (in winter) and I have no problem with temp in the tank. Largest swing has been from 78-80 when it gets really cold outside.

I would think you will be fine, more water less cooling and heating.

i have a 150g with a 300w heater in it and the temp is a stable 76 on both sides since the heater is near the inlet for one of my filters. I plan on putting another one in, mainly for a failsafe in the event one dies, but it is really determined by the external factors involved such as the temp of the room, things like that. It would be best to get two heaters though imo

I have a Visi-Therm and Stealths, and I much prefer the Stealths! The VTherm does not read the same temp as the thermometer, whereas the Stealth does.

Thanks for the replies all.

We keep the room about 72 degrees year round. It's also the basement, so regulating is easy.

For setting them, I was thinking one in the tank while it's cycling and one in a bucket until it's at the right temp then move it to the tank. I think if I have them both in the tank and try to set them, I'd get screwed up temps.

I would say go with the normal visi-therm, the stealth heaters have been good until I have had two decide not to shut off. I had a tank of cichlids and lost all but 2 of them. I also had a stealth that would not shut off out side of water. What type of fish do you have in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom