125 stocking help!!! Please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

serena00

Aquarium Advice Freak
What would you stock a 125 with if you could do anything? (Only limit is, I would love at least a handful of fish)

40g community
36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
5.5g betta

So anything, peaceful or aggressive, as long as it has a few fish in it... Hmmmm

Well, I've seen this before, and I'm not sure if its your way to go, but a tank with a group of Red-Shoulder Green Severums looks amazing... Some plants with big leaves and a driftwood centerpiece... ??

I would do maybe 3 Red-Shouldered Green Sevs (RSGS for short) with a group of larger Tetras, a school of Pictus Cats, and a breeding pair of BN Plecos.

Having 3 is a risky number, but it can work if you raise them since young at equal sizes, with territorial boundaries. Or just do a pair! That would be cool too.

I would do a pair, personally.

1x RSGS Pair
15x Lemon or ~12x Diamond Tetra
4x Pictus Cat
1x Golden Bristlenoss Pleco Pair
(Super Reds are cool too)

This is a lot of colors, a lot of action, and probably a decent amount of maintenance. If you're willing to take that on.... That would be a fantastic tank IMO....

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Any other thoughts?? I'm thinking I might wanna go for a community of smaller fish because I like a lot of fish in my tanks

40g community
36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
5.5g betta

I would do a couple or three schools of different types of rainbowfish! As active fish, they would make good use of the space: I find them very interesting to watch. They also (at least in my experience) are voracious eaters yet have a low bioload (they burn off all that food with all their chasing around!).

And then you could do some type of loach or synodontis for the bottom of the tank.

Or you can get congo tetras. They are like mini rainbow fish with long fins. Emperor tetras would be cool. You can get an Elephant nose fish as a center piece fish. Very beautiful but unfortunately most of them hide and they are nocturnal.
A bunch of torpedo barbs would be cool. Fast moving fish and very eye catching.
Discus are very stunning. They aren't small schooling fish but they are very colorful. If you aren't gonna make this a planted tank you can get african cichlids.

For plants, I think you should get a bunch of jungle val and place it in the back of the tank. It will look beautiful.

If you want aggressive fish, Pacus or Piranhas would be cool except you'd have to buy feeder fish or frozen rats.

A species only tank of about 150 rummy nose tetras will look amazing. The best schooling fish there are. They are like mini torpedo barbs.

I like watching my rainbows too. I'd get a few plecos depending on how much you have to spend you could get some really interesting ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If I had a 125 I would do an Oscar and probably a Jack Dempsey.

I've had plenty on smaller communities it's time to bust out the big boys with a tank that size.

Caleb

If I had a 125 I would go:

x1 Neon Tetra

Filters:

x2 Fluval Fx6

Substrate: Sand

I would do a pretty big planted tank or a big boys, like an Oscar or some jack dempseys. A couple pairs of breeding convicts? You could do at least 2 pairs in this tank IMO. Just be warned that once they start breeding there is no end :lol: Or a humongous shrimp tank :D

Back
Top Bottom