15 gal stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Golfball98

Aquarium Advice Regular
I Have been given an aquael hexaset 15 gallon tank and it need to be resealed which I'm in the process of doing and for stocking I was thinking a group of pygmy corys and RCS and some cpd's but I was wondering what else would be suitable if I can't get the cpd's as I really want the corys and RCS. I have had a tropical tank before when I was even younger ( I'm 15) and that didn't go well due to lack of advice so I'm determined for this to work I plan on planting the tank too. Any advice and all suggestion will be taken on board

Yea I've been sick for a few months and I spent that whole time researching pygmy corys rcs and cycling

Yea I plan on it but I don't want a co2 system so I'm thinking plants like Java fern, Java moss, anubias maybe an amazon sword and some moss balls

Cool do u have any ideas for fish if I can't get the cpd's because I'm in Ireland and there is very few good lfs around

That's celestial pearl danio, right?
They do look stunning. Also have the same problem, I don't know if my local shops stock them.

So you are looking for small colorful schooling fish rather than say gourami or similar?

Yea they're celestial pearl danio and yea I'm looking for small colourful schoolers

Thanks for all your help and hopefully someone will help with the stocking

They are very nice and I will look into them however I haven't seen them in person around here is there any other fish that could work ? Thank u very much for the advice.

Killifish are cool little guys but there not really a schooling fish and if you lfs aren't that good then you might have trouble getting them but you could look into them

Well I have one really good lfs that I trust because the guy who works there is addicted to fish but it's a 1 hour drive and I have to get my mam to drive me but I'll look into the killifish and the tetras,would harlequin rasboras be ok in this tank?

Back
Top Bottom