15 Gallon Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishmonkey

Aquarium Advice Addict
1. Tank size: 15 gallons
2. Current filtration: hang-on-back TopFin 20 ( in case you were wondering, my tank is already cycled and everything)
3. Type of substrate: Flourite by Seachem, i want a planted tank, if possible. i already have an anubia which is doing pretty well considering recent sercumstances.
4. Type of lighting: Flora glo 15 watt (by Hagen)
5. pH of your water: 6.5-7.5
6. What type of fish do you like the most: i kinda liked the idea of a cichlid tank because there are lots of options of colorful fish but i dont really know much about it.

okay before we get started let me get this straight. I am NOT a brand-new, right out of the box, newbie. lets just say that when i first got my tank, i never 'read the instruction manual', i just came out with both arms swinging and hoped for the best. but now, after a disasterous attempt, and after a multitude of research, i want to start off on the right path. thats where you guys come in. i hope. i need you guys to help me off to the right track by helping me pick good fish and help me aquascape my aquarium by helping me pick out plants. it would be a great help!

I'd suggest going with "nano" fish in the tank. With a 15G you're either confined to a small number of fish or small fish and I like the look of a lot (relative) of individuals.

15 Ember tetra, 8 Pybmy cories, 8 Pygmy hatchets, and a ton of plants. :D

If you want to go planted figure out how much and what type of light you have, then select your plants. To make the tank look larger use smaller leaf stem plants. Remember the bio load when selecting fish so 1 inch of fish per gallon rules does have some restrictions.

Here is a list of fish that can be used with a nano tank Nanofish List (v1.0)

Back
Top Bottom