2 empty tanks, 2 stocked tanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gabysapha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 10g and 29g currently, but I just acquired a 20g and a 5g for super cheap on craigslist! The 2 empty tanks have complete sets of equipment. I'm ready to stock.

I do not currently have an official qt/hospital tank; I have only used plastic contianers with sponge filters should I need one. Is it worth converting my 10 or 5g to qt tanks? I do not plan on adding more fish to my stocks, but rather just treat unhealthy ones.

Currently I have:
10g RCS breeder, ramshorns breeding too
29g community with Harlequin rabsoras, cories, female platties, endlers, great juvenile mystery snails

My platy gave birth to 15 fry yesterday, so it was time to think about accomodating them. I do not plan to breed platties, but i do want to breed my Endlers.

I have 2 male platties (I didn't want them trust me!) that need to be separated from the girls.

What do I do with my tanks? I assume keeping the 29 a community is the best idea, and keeping the harlequins there with the cories because there is the most space.
The endlers can breed in the 20g. If there are babies they can hide in plants or i can try saving some of them in an in-tank breeder box.
Should the shrimp move to the 5g? Should the 5g become a qt tank, since it's smallest and easiest to fill and take down?

I thought i'd ask here in case I didn't think of something important! Thanks for reading

Certainly! Luckily I have seeded filter media, substrate and tank water I can use. I donmt expect a cycle to occur but I have my API kit ready!

Back
Top Bottom