2 Male Dwarf Gouramis in 20 gal long?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redfraggle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can I put 2 male dwarf gouramis in a planted 20 gallon long? They are so pretty, but I don't want them to kill each other. Tankmates would be 5 neon tetras, one male guppy, and 4 ghost shrimp.

Thanks

Chances are good they will fight and the loser will not get enough to eat as the other will keep him in a corner. You can try it, just have a backup plan ready.

rich311k said:
Chances are good they will fight and the loser will not get enough to eat as the other will keep him in a corner. You can try it, just have a backup plan ready.

I Wouldnt try it at all! Male dwarf gouramis are very aggressive together and will kill eachother. Don't do it; get a male and a female I stead.

George9 said:
I Wouldnt try it at all! Male dwarf gouramis are very aggressive together and will kill eachother. Don't do it; get a male and a female I stead.

I agree you can try a male and a female cause the 2 males will get very aggressive towards each other and either 1 will be killed or injured to the point where he will be too afraid to do anything but hide from the other 1

Okay, I will just get one male. Will he be stressed without a female in the tank?

Not at all! They do just fine alone, or with other peaceful fish. He'll be fine without a female.

Welcome to AA by the way!

Back
Top Bottom