2 questions regarding my first setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mac11

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I recently purchased a 29 Gallon tank at my local shop. This is my first tank I've ever had. I wanna keep some tetras and some angelfish in it. My first question is:

1. Im using my shelf as a stand and im pretty sure it should hold but not 100%. Curious if anyone thinks it will or not.

http://s168.photobucket.com/user/rockerriot/media/DSCN3681_zpsc5350d53.jpg.html

2. I've decided I want to put live plants in there as well but I already loaded my gravel in. Should I add some Tetra Complete substrate underneath it? And I've heard of people dropping daily boosters in the water instead of CO2 injection. Is this true?

Hello, Mac11

As long as your shelving can support 300+lbs then you should be alright otherwise I would not recommend it as 29g of water will roughly weight 240lbs by itself (not including weight of tank and gravel). You will definitely want to add some kind of planting substrate IMO if you are planning on adding plants, as far as daily dosing it is possible with products such as Seachem Flourish or Metricide 14. You can purchase Co2 systems for tanks under 30g relatively cheap or build your own Co2 system for next to nothing. There are many great articles in this forum to help you along the way such as Paintball Co2 Injection DIY Setup with Tons of Photos. Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom