20 gal. Dwarf Gourami tankmates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaKing

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I was thinking:
1 Dwarf Gourami
X amount of Rasboras? Or possibly a type of Tetra, or other small schooler.
6 Cory Catfish

From everything I've read up on, these guys all tend to get along. Any suggestions on Tetra vs. Rasbora or another good small mid tank school fish?

Also, could I have some Ghost Shrimp in this setup as well? Do they tend to get along with the fellow bottom swimming Cories?

You can only have so much stock in a 20G. I would do without the cory cats and maybe stick to just your gourami and schooling fish.. Or ditch the schooling fish and keep the corys.

So I was thinking:
1 Dwarf Gourami
X amount of Rasboras? Or possibly a type of Tetra, or other small schooler.
6 Cory Catfish

From everything I've read up on, these guys all tend to get along. Any suggestions on Tetra vs. Rasbora or another good small mid tank school fish

Rasboras don't produce a heavy bioload, so i think you could have a lovely school in there. Nine, perhaps.

Six regular-sized corys (cories?) might be a bit much, but a dwarf species, such as c. habrosus, would fit in nicely.

What kind of filter do you have on it?

Yes, I forgot to mention they would be Pygmy Cories in the original post, thanks for catching that. And I can't give the specific specs of the filter as I'm on the road right now, and this is all just planning for when I get back. But I believe it was originally for a 30 gal.

Yes, I forgot to mention they would be Pygmy Cories in the original post, thanks for catching that. And I can't give the specific specs of the filter as I'm on the road right now, and this is all just planning for when I get back. But I believe it was originally for a 30 gal.

Sounds like an Aquaclear 30, which is perfect for that size tank. It's just personal preference, but I'd add a second one for the extra filtration and some redundancy in case one or the other has problems.

Thanks! I'll definitely take that suggestion into consideration, and also just to let this die I have actually settled on Zebra Danios! They are just more interesting to me and might fit the look I'm going for better, I appreciate the help and suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom